Monday, May 19, 2008

Welcome...why Ride Brain Ride?

Welcome to my blog!

I am Brian "Brain" Kissinger, a brain cancer (stage II oligodendroglioma tumor) survivor of almost 5 years. Earlier this year my little 4 year buddy, Julian Avery, lost his battle with this horrible disease. Unfortunately, many other kids fight brain tumors and cancer every day and I just want to help find a cure and/or ease their pain while they are fighting. I've teamed up with the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation, www.pbtfus.org and their "Ride For Kids" program to help.

My goal is simple. Do a rolling rebuild/restoration of my old BMW motorcycle and ride it at least 5,000 miles over the coming months. I will culminate this fundraiser with a lap on the Indianapolis Motor Speed, a.k.a. the "Brickyard", on 13 September 2008.

Please stay tuned as I post pictures and information of the rebuild of my bike and of my rides. I will also try to shoot some video footage and post it here too.

Most importantly, please take a minute and click on the link to donate a dollar or more for the kids.

All the best,
Brian "Brain" Kissinger
www.firstgiving.com/ridebrainride

No comments: